Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Day 13 & 14

Sorry for not posting yesterday.  I fell asleep after dinner and didn't have the energy to do it during the night.

The last two days have been good.  No fever, no bleeding!  These are my motto's I tell the nurses when they arrive on shift for me.  I don't accept any fevers or bleeding, which they love !

My white blood count seems to have leveled off at 0.4 so I'm hoping they will start the slow climb back up in the coming days.  I got new platelets Monday and new red blood cells Tuesday.  It is trending that every other day I get some sort of blood product.  Special thanks to Dina at Velocity for organizing the blood drive.  I makes me feel good to know that the blood I am using will be replaced into the system by my brave, and some scared, coworkers.

The nurses and doctors all keep saying how shocked they are on how well I am doing and they are even talking about maybe letting me go home one week early!  Praise God!
My nurse said she has never heard of anyone getting to go home that early.  Philippians 4:13
The nurses and doctors keep telling me that people have these waves where their body is up and down but I tell them I already hit my bottom so I only go up.  In sales, we never go backwards, so its the same for leukemia.
Everything needs to continue to go well during this week in order for this to happen.  Continue to pray for my bleeding to stop and no fevers.

One note, I can still have visitors now that I am neutropenic but please don't come if you are at all concerned that you are sick or have been around others that are sick.  I literally have no immune system, think HIV/AIDS if you need a reference.   It won't hurt my feelings if you have to reschedule a visit.

Finally, since I am done with my chemo for this round I can be disconnected from Wall-e for my daily "recess".  So I can walk without having to push around Wall-e and mess with all the lines connected to me.  That feels really good!

1 comment:

Makoto said...

Kon-nichi-wa, Josh! I'm always praying for you from Yokohama!! I'm looking forward to go Sushi with you again!!

Makoto