Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 112

Tomorrow I will have a needle biopsy done on my lungs.  The results from the CT I had done yesterday were mixed, two areas looked like they have shrunk and one looked a bit larger.  They still don't know how to treat it since we don't know exactly what it is.

One of the areas is very near the edge of my lungs under my arm so they can easily get to it from "outside".  They will use a CT Scan to guide the needle into the infected area.  It will be great if they can actually determine what it is so we can kill it all before we do any more chemo.  I cannot have a lung infection and have all my levels go down again, it is too serious.  I should be able to go home tomorrow as long as they are no complications.

They will give me my normal anesthesia...I call them Margaritas.  I usually go for two, but I have been known to go for three rounds during the procedure.   I have also spoke to them in Mandarin after two Margaritas, which is also typical for me.  

The nurse usually gets flustered with me because I am still talking to her after one and I just switch languages after two.


No comments: