Monday, September 21, 2015

Day 132

Friday I got two units of red blood which was great just before the hot weekend.  I was really feeling very tired, dizzy, and out of breath so it was just in time for the weekend.  Aaron had his first flag football game, which they won.  He did great!  



My platelets were low on Thursday, 48 but not low enough to get a transfusion Friday.  Today's labs were at 8, which is extremely low.  My nurse (she is wonderful) was very worried because at this level you can just start bleeding anywhere in your body for no reason and I am very neutropenic.  They thought about having me stay the day in the hospital while I got platelets just to ensure everything was fine.  Luckily, I didn't have to do that and just did the outpatient transfusion.  I got two units of platelets so that should get me until late this week.  

I knew my platelets were low when I hit the dresser while playing with my daughter.  Half your hand should not turn purple from a simple bump.


I get labs done twice more this week and see the doctor.  Please continue to pray for no fevers so I can stay this round at home!    

No comments: