Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 115

Great news, I don't have a fungal infection or bacterial for that matter.  I have what is called "organizing pneumonia" Link Here

It is basically an inflammation caused by my body but not due to an infection.  It can be caused by trauma (I have none), after an infection (I have none), by medications (I have a lot!), or for no known reason.They still need to clear it because it is still pneumonia but it shouldn't interfere with my treatments that much.  Either way, doesn't matter because this means I can start my next round of Chemo next week.  I will go into the hospital for round 3 of consolidation on Wednesday in South Austin.

Funny thing, I have been waiting and working with the pharmacy to get my very strong anti fungal medicine refilled and they finally had it done today.  Good thing, I only had one left for today!  Well, as you can see from the picture below, it is not cheap.   No later than 10 minutes after picking it up, my doctor calls and gives me the news that  I don't need to take it anymore and can go back to the normal anti fungal meds.  The pharmacy won't take it back, due to FDA laws so sorry insurance company.  I tried.




Last but not least, Natalie got to come with me to get my blood drawn on Thursday.  She was so excited to see my blood (strange) and meet my wonderful nurse Amber.  She wants to grow up and be a doctor for doggies.



No comments: