Thursday, October 8, 2015

Day 148

My numbers are still going up, just slowly.  I had some labs done today and they are not high enough to for sure start Chemo on Wednesday but I am hopefully they will be when we check again on Monday.  I am still neutropenic but I have some immune system, mejor que nada!

My CT scan showed that the original areas of inflammation are almost completely gone, but 2 new areas have now appeared.  I asked the pulmonary doctor directly if it is reason for concern and she said, "no".  I haven't completed the originally prescribed steroids, which clears up the inflammation, so I just have to stay on them for another 4 weeks.

Lip is not infected anymore, thank God.  That is miserable, and not much you can do to make it feel better.  But, this morning I cut my finger pretty bad while cutting some bread.  They didn't want to do stitches because it can cause more infection since I'm still neutropenic.  So, I am just washing it off 3 times a day with peroxide and keeping it wrapped tightly.  I think it will be ok since I have some WBCs, so I will do my best to keep it clean and dry!

My parents are coming into town for some fall weather fun.  Looking forward to a good weekend!

No comments: