Thursday, February 25, 2016

Day 286

Hi everyone.  I need to give an update on how I am doing.  Leukemia-wise I am doing great, I have a lot more energy, my color is back to normal, my hair is fully back, and most of my blood levels are back to normal . Platelets are the only thing that are still low, which they expected because they are the most sensitive of all the blood cells.  I have visited the nurses at the bone marrow transplant floor (where I spent 11 weeks) several times since being cured and it really blesses them to see healthy patients and blesses me to be able to walk in and walk OUT!  

Tomorrow I will have another bone marrow biopsy.  This is just a standard checkup and part of my survivorship treatment.  I am doing it at South Austin Hospital so that the I can have the same pathologist review the cells.  This is important because she has seen my leukemia cells and my normal cells so she can easily give a correct diagnosis.   Also, most of the doctors at South Austin use the drill, which I prefer over the mallet!  

Side note, I had my gallbladder removed after an exhaustive search to find the source of severe abdominal pain and high liver enzymes.  It was a frustrating experience since all the tests kept coming back normal but the doctors kept thinking it was the gallbladder.  I feel much better now, no more pain, just recovering a bit from the incisions.  No more hospitals for me!  I am done with that chapter of my life!!

Thank you all for continuing to pray for me and my family.  I cannot express my thanks and appreciation to everyone enough.  

Picture of the kids!  

No comments: